Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Barmouth & Dyffryn United FC app


1st Team - Match center

adidas lockerroom
Barmouth & Dyffryn Utd
Conwy Borough
Wed 11 Apr 19:30 - Lock Stock Cookson Cup 17-18 Full time Attendance 250

A night to remember despite the result

Magpies fall at final hurdle despite huge fan turnout.

There always has to be a runner up in cup finals and sadly the it was not Barmouth’s turn to lift the Lock Stock Cookson Cup.

The game started at a frantic pace both teams trying each other’s defences but with no success. It took only 2 minuets for the first real effort to come as Joey Jones put the ball just over. Carl Ryan would be forced to make his first change on 14” as Dave Harding picked up a knee injury during a tackle, Geth Jones replacing him. Michael Irvine and Steven Bratt had no real trouble dealing with Conway long balls. Barmouth would get Better of the chances in the first 45 minuets Shane Jones and Paul Lewis both coming close. Paul would force the Conway Borough goalkeeper to pull off a wonder save minutes before the break, but as the half was coming to a close, Conway Borough broke the deadlock with a sharp counter attack ending with Sion Hogan slotting the ball past Tyler French. This was undoubtedly a killer blow for the Magpies as they were the far better team in the first half.

Conceding so late in the first half was always going to be a hard pill to swallow, but it didn’t deter Barmouth for going at it starting the second half positively, Llion Owen, Jake Jones and Joey Jones working hard in midfield were pressing the Conway midfield creating chances, witch nearly ended in a Paul Lewis goal on 53” only to see the ball go just wide. The killer blow would come on 58” when a devestating counter attack saw Dean Seager fire the tangerines into a 2 goal lead. Barmouth would rally and seconds after conceding Dave Linsted ended a great move down the left by Shane Jones, shooting inches over the bar. Carl Ryan would change the formation in a bid to push for a goal, Paul Lewis moved upfront to partner Shane Jones and a double substitution to during on fresh legs, Adam Morris and George Sutherns replacing Jake Jones and Daniel Griffith respectively. Barmouth would come close again on 77” as Shane Jones working tirelessly down the left squared the ball to Geth Evans who fired at the Conway goal only to see his shot saved. Paul Lewis would see the yellow card on 85” for a late tackle one of only 2 cards issued by referee Gwilym Evans. Conway would seal the win on 88” as Cory Williams gave the tangerines there second cup win in 5 days.

COOKSON Cup Final - 11/4/18, Pics by Rod Davies Photography
96 photos

Congratulations to Conway Borough on their Cup Win, they will now look to complete an impressive league and cup treble, as they battle for the Welsh Alliance Division 1 title with Llangefni Town.

All at Barmouth & Dyffryn United Football Club would like to thank everyone for their support, nearly 300 fans attended the final, and helped to create an amazing atmosphere right up to final whistle. Carl Ryan and the boys are back in Cup action this coming Saturday when they face Llarwst Utd in the Mawddach Challenge Cup Quater Final match. Follow all the action across social media by searching @BDFCmagpies.

Videos and photos

Team selection

French, Tyler French, Tyler
Owen, Llion Owen, Llion
Griffith, Daniel Griffith, Daniel
Bratt, Steve Bratt, Steve
Irvine, Michael Irvine, Michael
Jones , Jake Jones , Jake
Harding, Dave Harding, Dave
Jones, Joey Jones, Joey
Linstead, Dave Linstead, Dave
Lewis, Paul Lewis, Paul
Jones, Shane Jones, Shane
Barmouth & Dyffryn Utd


Loading comments

Team sponsor


Club sponsors